The cities of Belle Glade, Pahokee, and South Bay are located on the southeastern rim of Lake Okeechobee. The cities are a significant asset to Palm Beach County as they possess a unique vantage point for business expansion and relocation.
To promote the Glades Region’s competitive assets, the BDB-LORE partnership has executed several marketing initiatives.
- The BDB participated in three marketing outreach missions including the Atlanta Consultant Mission, Sunbelt AG Expo, and Plastec South Expo.
- Hundreds of c-level executives in the healthcare sector, bio-manufacturing industry, marine industry and retail were provided with information about the advantages of doing business in the Glades.
- A website, PBCglades.org, was developed to market the attractive business attributes to a diverse range of potential, new companies for the Glades Region.
- The area has been featured in six BDB publications and in a professional video.
- The BDB-LORE partnership has offered all three Glades cities a comprehensive municipal report. The report includes quantitative data and analysis, as well as qualitative data gathered from interviews conducted with local officials.
- The BDB hosted elected officials and business leaders on a bus tour of companies in Western Palm Beach County to show appreciation to existing businesses that contribute to the area’s economy. The day included exclusive tours in various business sectors including healthcare, manufacturing, agribusiness, and distribution and logistics.
The BDB will proactively continue to market the Glades Region as a premier business location and foster economic development growth.