West Pam Beach, Fla. (May 19, 2020) – As businesses across our region reopen, CareerSource Palm Beach County is launching a new ‘Help Is Here’ web portal to assist job seekers and employers in their efforts to access assistance needed for recovery. The new web portal can be accessed Here or from the organization’s home page at www.careersourcepbc.com.
Help Is Here is CareerSource Palm Beach County’s focused public and business outreach effort to:
- Connect job seekers and businesses to critical resources for local, personalized help
- Develop innovative solutions to generate job recovery/retention and business continuity, driving economic recovery
- Provide links to state and federal assistance programs
“Our communities need sound advice, the most current information and a source of inspiration during this challenging time,” said Julia Dattolo, interim president and CEO of CareerSource Palm Beach County, the nonprofit organization chartered by the state to lead workforce development in Palm Beach County. “We are very much engaged in preparing job seekers for new opportunities and helping businesses find the talent they need to reopen and thrive in Palm Beach County.”
Many businesses are ramping up to rehire staff as well as hire new candidates. The CareerSource Business Services staff connects employers with qualified candidates – at no cost. They can be contacted at www.careersourcepbc.com or call 561.340.1060 and select option 3. CareerSource also is scheduling virtual hiring events, such as its first Virtual Career Expo in mid-April with more than 8,800 job seekers connecting with 26 employers hiring. Business continuity is being supported through grants that help employers train and upskill employees.
Job seekers can gain a competitive edge in searching for a new career by accessing online virtual job readiness workshops. There is no cost to view any of the workshops covering key skills needed when looking to get hired in in today’s labor market:
- Creating a professional resume and cover letter
- Building a LinkedIn profile and using social media in your job search
- Handling online job applications
- Conducting an effective job search and networking campaign
- Preparing for job interviews
- Online job, industry and employer research
- Following up after a job interview
CareerSource staff members also are available via email, online and phone as well as website and social media channels.
During the past five program years, CareerSource Palm Beach County assisted 80,500 residents find employment ranging from entry level to executive suite, with salaries from these jobs creating $1.85 billion in annual wages. CareerSource also awarded $23 million in grants to area businesses and employees for job training and educational assistance during that time.