The non-profit Lake Okeechobee Regional Economic Alliance of Palm Beach County (LORE) was created in 2006, and is a group of business leaders, educators, and city managers to act as a voice for the Glades region – which includes the cities of Belle Glade, Pahokee, and South Bay – with a focus on high-quality economic development, education, and infrastructure.
In 2013, LORE entered a partnership with the Business Development Board of Palm Beach County, Inc. (BDB) to further develop economic opportunities for the Glades.
The LORE Board:
- David Aiken, Cemex
- Paul Allen, RC Hatton Farms
- Holly Bennett, Palm Beach State College
- Regina Bohlen, Pahokee Chamber of Commerce
- Ryan Bridger, Hedrick Brothers Construction
- Brenda Bunting, Belle Glade Chamber of Commerce, LORE Secretary
- Leondrae Camel, City of South Bay
- Brandon Carson, Merit Advisors
- Charles Duval, CareerSource PBC
- Lomax Harrelle, City of Belle Glade
- Sherry Howard, Palm Beach County
- Kelly Howell, First Bank
- Barbara Miedema, Sugar Cane Growers Cooperative of Florida
- Corey Miller, Behan, Miller & Harris, Inc.
- Tammy Moore, City of Pahokee
- Lynda Moss, Moss Towing
- Sima Narcus, Wantman Group, Inc.
- Ronny Nunez, Wells Fargo
- Angie Pope, PNC Bank, LORE Treasurer
- Steve Prielozny, Bank of Belle Glade
- Robert Rease, St. John’s Missionary Baptist Church, LORE Vice Chair
- Eddie Rhodes, Glades Tri-Cities Education Coalition
- Donia Roberts, Legal Counsel, LORE Chair
- Shawn Rowan, Business Development Board of PBC
- Eric Royal, Larry Royal Family Business
- Beverly Scott, City of Belle Glade
- Bill Taylor, Canal Point Baptist Church
- Ashley Tripp, Tripp Electric Motors
- Caroline Villanueva, Florida Crystals Corporation
- Keith Wedgworth, Wedgworth’s Inc.
- Mike Wheeler, Belle Glade Chamber of Commerce
- Ethel Williams, lFPL
- Chandler Williamson, City of Pahokee
The mission of the Business Development Board of Palm Beach County is to stimulate economic energy, promote business diversity, and enrich the vitality of Palm Beach County through the relocation, retention, and expansion of companies to or in Palm Beach County.
The BDB is a private, not-for-profit corporation. Founded in 1982 by Chambers of Commerce, the Economic Council, and other business leaders, the Business Development Board is designated by the State of Florida and Palm Beach County Commission as Palm Beach County’s official economic development organization.
Although it is autonomous, the BDB works closely with the Chambers of Commerce, other county organizations, and the County Commission to achieve economic development goals in the areas of business recruitment and expansion, job creation, workforce development, infrastructure, and availability of capital.